By Graziella L. Posted on April 29, 2022 at 3:24 PM
The Quartier du Livre festival returns from June 1 to 8, 2022 in the Latin Quarter, emblematic of Parisian literature. For almost a week, discover the book in all its forms through hundreds of events for all ages.
From June 1 to 8, 2022the latin quarter will live to the rhythm of literature, on the occasion of the new edition of Book District Festival. More than 80 emblematic places in the 5th arrondissement take part in the festival, from La Sorbonne to the Panthéon, via the Collège des Bernardins, with almost 200 free events for kids and adults.
It was in the Montagne Sainte-Geneviève, birthplace of the University, that the first book printed in France was born. District 5 concentrates most lots of bookstores from all over Paris, including the famous Shakespeare & Company, and thus forged his identity through contact with literature. For a week, book lovers will enjoy events and workshops around the theme of “the essentialwhether they are students, children or adults.
The Panthéon Cinema bookstore will house the ephemeral bookstore which will host, throughout the festival, meetings of authors, signing sessions, debates, conferences… Also on the programme, readings and activities, theater improvisation workshops, literary walks, in the most important libraries and monuments in the neighbourhood.
Some events of the Festival:
- June 1 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.: visit to the National Library of France and conference, organized by the Center Paris Anim’Arras (registration by phone on 01 44 32 03 50)
- June 2 and 3 from 10:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.: bused book shed adults and children – on the sidewalk in front of the Library for All at 11, rue des Bernardins
- June 4 in the afternoon:various events around literature on rue de l’Arbalète, signings, readings, workshops for children in collaboration with the primary school on rue de l’Arbalète, music, literary dance
- June 6 at 11 a.m.: conference on the history of booksellers by Jérôme Callais – meeting at the foot of the statue of Saint Genevieve on the Pont de la Tournelle
- June 6 from 7:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.: reading evening in collaboration with KUBE, from 14 years old – Théâtre Le Mouffetard
- June 8 from 5 to 7 p.m.: manga drawing workshop (children) to learn how to draw the heroes of your favorite series – Librairie Le Renard Doré at 41, rue Jussieu
- June 8 from 2 to 4 p.m.: walk and glass of wine in the footsteps of Baudelaire, with a tasting of poems and wines at Pages et Cépages – departure at 2 p.m. in front of the Ve town hall (by reservation at siri75@laposte .red )
And many more, which we will soon discover on the festival website!