Metro Media is looking for two journalists full-time staff covering Inspiration and Culture files for Montreal weeklies. Those hired will report to the Content Director of the Inspiration and Culture sections.
***Schedule of 36 hours per week***
The journalist writes and feeds the journalistic content of newspapers, websites, various social networks and other dissemination platforms in accordance with the position held. He collects or researches information, writes, reviews, corrects, recomposes or rewrites texts in general or specialized sectors, and this, in compliance with the deadlines set by the Contracting Party. He keeps up with current affairs in general. The journalist answers calls, emails and requests from readers or organizations addressed to him. He.she takes photos and video/audio recordings. On occasion and upon request, he participates in the layout of journalistic content and/or corrects proofs in collaboration with the representative designated by the Employer.
The wanted person:
- Has a college or university education in journalism combined with two (2) years of relevant experience in journalism;
- He has a very good general knowledge and experience with archival coverage of Art of Living and Culture;
- You are comfortable in a computerized environment and have experience with software. wordpress (an advantage);
- He has experience in video and social media, particularly in tik tok (an advantage);
- You have the ability to communicate orally and in writing (excellent command of the written French language and knowledge of the English language);
- Demonstrate originality, open-mindedness, and a touch of boldness in your coverage (new formats, choice of topics, titles, and speakers);
- Demonstrates professionalism, rigor, integrity and autonomy;
- Always stays in solution mode and has a good sense of organization;
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team under tight deadlines.
- Any combination of training or experience deemed equivalent will be considered.
Some of our advantages:
- group insurance
- RRSP program with employer contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible schedule
- Free parking
- Near the metro station From college