The National Association of Book Publishers (ANEL) is looking for a legal advisor or a labor relations advisor. This is a new position created in the context of the approval of the new law on the status of the artist.
The National Association of Book Publishers (ANEL) brings together a hundred French-language publishers in Quebec and Canada. The main mission of the Association is to support the development of a national edition in French; represent the general, political and economic interests of its members; and defend freedom of expression and copyright.
Under the supervision of the Director General, the person sought will be called, in particular, to advise ANEL in the context of negotiations with artists’ associations (under the Law on the professional status of artists in the visual, cinematographic, recording, literary, craft and performing arts) and participate in negotiating committees.
- Coordinate consultations with the members of the Association and inform them about the progress of the work;
- Contribute to the negotiation strategy in collaboration with the general management and the negotiation committees;
- Conduct research and ensure the writing of any document or proposal;
- Be sure to develop a thorough understanding of publishing contracts and author-publisher relationship practices;
- Answer questions from ANEL members about the law on the status of the artist and the negotiation files, and possibly about the application of collective agreements.
In addition, this person will participate in the meetings of the law committee in order, in particular, to follow the issues of federal copyright law and contribute to ANEL’s representation strategies in this file. The advisor may also contribute to various ANEL works.
Searched profile :
- Bachelor’s degree in law or labor relations,
- Experience in labor relations negotiation tables,
- Strong interest in the cultural industries or the book sector,
- Great writing and communication skills,
- Capacity for teamwork,
- conflict resolution skills,
- Versatility, autonomy and rigor,
- knowledge of Law on the professional status of artists in the visual, cinematographic, recording, literary, craft and performing arts Y copyright law and of the copyright law (an advantage).
It is a permanent full-time job within a team of ten people. The offices are located in the Rosemont district of Montreal. Possibility of teleworking one or two days a week.
Interested persons should send no later than October 20your resume and a cover letter through the form.